Dipti Mathur sends this in, and what I love is that she had a great time cooking it and taking pics :).
“Finally!!!!!!! I cooked my carbonara yesterday and it turned out well. I was quite excited and happy about it. I also clicked pics and i loved it, the entire experience was amazing.”
- Olive Oil, 2 Tablespoons
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 grams spaghetti or other long thin pasta
- 6 rashers pancetta or unsmoked streaky bacon, cut into thin strips
- Dry White Wine, 4 Tablespoons
- 3 eggs
- Freshly grated Parmessan Cheese, 4 Tablespoons
- Single Cream, 2 Tablespoons
- Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly Ground Pepper
1. Cook the Pasta in a large boiling pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add the bacon to the onion and fry for 2 minutes over high heat or till the bacon is cooked. Add the wine, if using, and boil until evaporated.
4. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the Parmessan cheese, cream, chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the bowl mixture to the bacon – onion mixture in the pan and cook till the eggs are cooked.
6. Drain the pasta and put the drained pasta in the pan.
7. Mix well.
8. Add more cream if you want it to be a little more liquid and runny.
9. Serve Hot!